Caring for the planet is a natural extension of Hyatt’s purpose—to care for people so they can be their best. Below are specific examples of environmental stewardship at our hotel.
- We are the first and only hotel in Seattle Gold-certified by LEED, an international green building certification system
- Our participation in King County’s Transfer of Development Rights program has permanently protected 5 acres of local farmland and 5,285 acres of local forest, which includes salmon habitat along the Tolt River.
- During construction regionally sourced, manufactured, and recycled materials were selected for 20%+ of our building products. 95% of construction waste was diverted from landfills.
Carbon Emissions and Water
- Our building uses 30% less water than a comparable building through the use of Dual flush toilets and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- High efficiency mechanical systems and LED cold cathode fluorescent lighting on automatic occupancy sensors reduce our energy usage by 18%.
- Highly efficient escalators and process fans exceed requirements of Seattle Energy Code.
Waste and Circularity
- Green cleaning procurement policy reduces hazards from cleaning products, reduces packaging waste and maintains indoor air quality
- Housekeeping service is performed every third day unless requested and linens are changed as needed
- Refillable large format amenity dispensers are used in guestroom bathrooms
- “Waste” heat from chillers is used to heat hotel spaces
- Efficient laundry system captures and recycles heat and water after use
Our Food Philosophy
- Within the operation, 50% of food is locally grown and 60% of seafood is sustainably harvested
- Partner with food distributors and businesses dedicated to ocean conservancy and application of sustainable practices
- Leftover, untouched food is donated to local nonprofit that works to eliminate hunger and homelessness in Seattle
- Annually, help to divert 350,000+ tons of yard and food waste from landfills through composting practices
Green suggestions for your stay
Hyatt Regency Seattle is in the heart of downtown, walking distance to numerous Seattle attractions including Pikes Public Market, upscale dining and shopping.
Conveniently located within blocks is over 60 separate public transportation routes that connect throughout the city and region.
Onsite parking garage offers electric vehicle chargers and preferred parking for fuel-efficient vehicles plus secure bike storage facilities.
Hyatt is committed to caring for people and the planet through responsible business practices.