Care & Cleanliness Commitment
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt recently announced a multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment to further enhance its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here.
Some specific health and safety measures currently in place at
Grand Hyatt Washington include:
· Colleague certification and trainings for hygiene and cleanliness
· Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces, guestrooms and shared spaces
· Contactless housekeeping services on request only
· Instant access to your guest room with Hyatt Mobile Entry
· Prominently placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel in both public areas and employee areas and entrances including:
· All facility points of entrance
· Lobby elevator banks
· Hotel colleague entrances
· Departmental or hub locations
· All check-in stations
· Upgraded HVAC system filtration to the highest protection to include filtering bacteria and viruses (MERV-13 rating) in an effort to ensure enhanced air quality and frequent HVAC coil disinfecting
· Protective masks and other equipment for hotel colleagues to be changed frequently
· Social distancing guidance in public areas throughout the hotel
Know Before You Go:
Please be aware of the latest updates on hotel services and operations:
· Front Door Hotel Entrance: From 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM daily, the front doors to the Hotel will be locked to ensure only registered guests are able to enter. Registered guests should be prepared with their guest room key to gain access to the hotel during these hours.
· Housekeeping: At this time, we appreciate our guests may prefer the opportunity to limit potential contact points with others in their space. As such, Grand Hyatt Washington is adjusting standard daily guestroom housekeeping services to provide contactless service on request only. All requests must be made by noon for same day service. Please know that periodic safety and wellbeing checks in guestrooms will still occur.
· Starbucks Reserve: Starbucks Reserve is open during limited hours from
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM for order and pick up only. Mobile ordering through the Starbucks app is available and encouraged.
· Cure Bar & Bistro, Cabinet Restaurant and In-Room Meal Delivery: We have temporarily ceased restaurant and bar operations until further notice. During this period, the hotel will not accept any reservations and existing reservations during this suspension of normal operations can be rescheduled for a later date.
· Fitness Center: We recognize maintaining a regular fitness and exercise routine is often an integral part of our guests’ stays, however, we have temporarily closed the fitness center due to mandatory restrictions set by the District of Columbia
· FedEx Office Business Center: At this time, the FedEx Office Business Center has ceased operations until further notice. The Hotel Security Office will accept packages and deliver them to the Front Desk for distribution to the guest.
· Gift and Sundry Shops: Both hotel lobby gift and sundry shops are closed at this time
· Valet Parking: Valet parking is not available at this time. The self-parking garage can be accessed on 10th Street NW between H and G Streets.
· Metro Access: Metro Center Station is not accessible through the hotel lobby at this time. Guests arriving by Metro should exit the Metro Center Station at 11th Street, use the escalators to go up to H Street and enter the hotel through the front doors.
Beginning June 1, 2019, all new, future reservations will have a destination fee of $20.00 plus tax applied to each night of your stay (Courtesy Card Holders & Globalists Excluded). This fee includes:
Premium High Speed Internet
$10 daily food and beverage credit (excluding alcohol, tax, service charge and gratuity) for Cure Bar & Bistro and in-room restaurant delivery
Two complimentary bottles of water daily
24-hour access to Fitness Center
Discounted luxury town car transportation to Union Station, Reagan National Airport, Dulles International Airport and BWI Airport (discounts between $31 and $65 per normal fare)
Over $70 discount on a two-hour private sedan tour of monuments and memorials including the White House and Capitol Building, round trip to the hotel
Google Chromecast ready guest rooms
15% off guided bike and Segway tours with Bike and Roll
10% off Old Town Trolley Tours Silver Pass
Preloaded Metro Card ($3 credit). Access to Metro Center Station via lobby.
Boarding Pass Printing
Access to digital publications via PressReader
Local & domestic long distance phone calls
Healthy snacks in Lobby and Fitness Center