News + Events
Hyatt Regency Kolkata has announced that it has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, Hyatt Regency Kolkata has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that Hyatt Regency Kolkata implements best practices to prepare for, respond to, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
“GBAC STAR accreditation empowers facility owners and managers to assure workers, customers, and key stakeholders that they have proven systems in place to maintain clean and healthy environments,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “By taking this important step to pursue GBAC STAR, Hyatt Regency Kolkata has received third-party validation that it follows strict protocols for biorisk situations, thereby demonstrating its preparedness and commitment to operating safely.”
To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, Hyatt Regency Kolkata was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures.
Awards and Accolades
- Food Food Awards - 2022 - La Cucina awarded as The Best Italian Restaurant
- Times Hospitality Icons - Iconic Wedding Destination 2020
- Times Hospitality Icons - Iconic Italian Restaurant 2020
- Food Food Awards 2018 - La Cucina best Italian restaurant in the city
- The Telegraph Food Guide Awards 2019- Award For Excellence to Waterside Cafe
- The Telegraph Food Guide Awards 2019- Award For Excellence to La Cucina