Hygiene and Safety
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa is committed to caring for our guests, colleagues and customers, as your safety and well-being is always a top priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, remain vigilant, follow procedures and protocols developed in consideration from various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prervention (CDC), local authorities and other leading organizations and experts.
As part of Hyatt's Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment, below are some of the steps we have taken to ensure your health and well-being so you can enjoy our Surf City experience.
Updated Safety Procedures
The Governor of California has announced an updated mandate in the state's response for COVID-19. The State of California now requires all residents and visitors to wear a face mask or covering in all public indoor spaces and outside when six feet of social distancing is not possible from those not in the same household. Additionally, indoor dining is not permitted. Our restaurants remain open for patio dining only.
Places you must wear a mask:
- While inside, or entering our resort, lobby, restaurants, pool areas, meeting and event spaces and all other public spaces
- While placing a food or beverage order at all dining outlets, including Surf City Grocers
- When standing in line to enter restaurants and up until being seated
Places you do not need to wear a mask:
- In your guest room
- Once you have been seated on our restaurant patios
- While swimming, but you must continue to practice social distancing from persons not in your household
Closed Until Further Notice:
- Camp Hyatt
- Regency Club
Arrival and Check In
Social distancing is required in all public areas and meeting space. There is social distancing signage and floor decals displayed throughout the resort. Furniture in the lobby, pool areas, restaurants and other relaxation areas have been rearranged to allow for proper distancing. The updated arrival process now includes a Plexiglass barrier at the front desk for a contact-free check in experience or download the World of Hyatt app to check in with Mobile Key.
Our team has increased the disinfecting of our high-touch surfaces in areas such as lobbies, guestrooms, restaurants, meeting/event space, recreational areas, public restrooms, elevator buttons and employee areas using hospital-grade disinfectant.
Hand sanitizer stations are placed in prominent areas throughout the resort's public spaces and entrances.
Each colleague has been trained in updated processes for hygiene and cleanliness.
- In order to minimize contact and human exposure, housekeeping services will not be provided for guests staying less than 4 nights.
- For guests with long term stays, greater than 4 nights, housekeeping will be arranged upon arrival to ensure the cleaning is completed with no guest presence for your and our colleagues safety.
- Rooms have been stocked with extra amenities.
- Additional amenities are available upon request through your World of Hyatt app, or texting 714-577-2345 or calling the hotel operator. All amenities will be dropped off at your door in a contactless manner.
- For your convenience, additional trash bags are available in your guestroom. Please place trash bags outside your guestroom door by 12 noon for contactless pickup.
Food and Beverage
Maximum capacity has been reduced as diners may only be seated outdoors by state guidelines. Self-serve buffets have been suspended, menus will be discarded after each guest and dining tables have been rearranged for social distancing.
- Watertable our award-winning signature restaurant is open, with patio seating only, for breakfast and dinner and take-out/room service. Menus and reservations are available online at www.watertablehb.com Breakfast 7am -- 11:30 am (with high demand between 9:30 and 11:30, please plan accordingly) | Bar 4pm -- 11pm | Dinner 5:30 --10 p.m.
- Pete's Sunset Grille & Bar is open daily with patio seating only from 11:30am --10:00 p.m. Menus and reservations are available at www.petessunsetgrille.com
- Surf City Grocers, located in the Village Courtyard, is open daily from 6:30 am -- 9 pm, for grab and go breakfast and lunch items, Starbucks coffee, wine, beer and premixed cocktails and snacks.
- Tower 15 Pizzeria, located in the Village Courtyard, opens at 5 pm for take out and delivery.
- Mankota's Bar and Grille is open daily for poolside dining and cocktails from 11 am -- 5:30 pm (bar closes at 6 pm), located at the main lagoon-style pool.
- Shubee's Bar and Grille is located at Slyder's Water Playground, and is open daily from 11 am to 5:30pm (bar closes at 6pm)
Beach and Pool Modifications
Our pools, lagoon-style Mankota's and Slyder's Water Playground are open with social distancing measures in place. The State of California issued a new mandate for all water slides and hot tubs to be closed until further notice. Guests are required to wear their wristbands Friday -- Sunday.
- Reserving pool chairs is not allowed. Any unattended items will be turned in to Lost and Found after 15 minutes. No glassware, coolers or outside food and beverage is permitted at any of our pool areas.
- Slyder's Pool water slides are closed until further notice.
- Poolside cabanas are available at both Mankota's and Slyder's, a perfect poolside getaway. Please email HUNRH-pools.and.recreation.@hyatt.com
- Beach amenities are available at the Beach Hut, located on the bridge to the beach daily from 10 am -- 7pm daily.
- Beach bonfire service is not available at this time.
Pacific Waters Spa and Outdoor Fitness Center 9 am to 5 pm Daily
Due to the State of California recent mandates limiting indoor activities, we have adjusted our spa services to offer outdoor massages, facials, manicures and haircuts only. The service will be performed on the outdoor patios outside of our treatment rooms. The spa relaxation areas, locker rooms, steam/sauna/whirlpool and shower facilities are closed until further notice. Advance appointments are required and may be booked online: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/spas/Pacific-Waters-Spa/booking
Our outdoor Fitness Center has limited equipment available. Registered guests may check in at the spa front desk and will be escorted to the patio area. Masks and social distancing are required at all times and for your safety we ask that you use provided disinfecting wipes before and after each use of equipment.
- Only dogs weighing 50 lbs or under will be permitted. Service dogs excluded.
- A pet information card must be filled out at check in.
- A reservation inclusive of a dog must be made three days in advance of arrival.
- Dogs are not allowed in restaurants or pool areas (service dogs excluded)
- There is a $150 charge per stay up to six nights. And additioanl $150 service charge will apply from day seven through 30
- Two dogs may stay in a guest room, provided that the combined weight of both dogs does not exceep 75 lbs
- Specific designated rooms have be assigned as pet friendly
- Be advised that your dog(s) must always be on a leash while on property
- Our dog-friendly property map is provided and indicates locations where dogs are permitted on and aound the property -- in consideration of others please clean up after your dog
- Your room has been especially prepared for our special pet guest and includes food and water bowls, a pet pillow and a pet-friendly door hanger.
Parking and Shuttle Services
Valet parking is available for $42 per night. Please inquire upon arrival for alternative parking options. Shuttle service is currently unavailable.
Smoke and Vape-Free Resort
Please note that our entire resort is a smoke and vape-free environment, including your guest room and balcony or terrace. Smoking and vaping are only permitted in designated smoking areas outside the resort perimeter. In the event it is determined that smoking or vaping takes place inside a guest room, a smoking fee of $250 will be placed on your guest room folio at management's descretion.
Please note that all of these items are subject to change as local and state government guidelines continue to develop. If you have any questions for concerns, please call the resort at (714) 698-1234.
A daily Resort Fee of $35 plus tax will apply to all room nights.
Guest Room bottled water (2 per day)
Premium High Speed Internet
24 Hour Fitness Center Access
Local & 800 Calls
In Room Safe
boarding pass and incoming fax printing
Beach Chair Rental
Beach Umbrella Rentals
2 for 1 Half day bike rental
Incoming/Outgoing Fax Service
Outdoor games, including relay races, jumbo Jenga, arts & crafts, and more
Disney Shuttle (Seasonal)
Bottled water with Valet service
Poolside Activities including poolside surfing, hula dancing, cookie decorating and more
In Room Chromecast Streaming Service
Golf Club Storage
USA Today upon request
Personalized Guest Request texting service for 24 hour assistance
Yoga on the beach on Saturday morning, yoga mat/towel provided (subject to availability)
Daily Resort Interactive Kid Activities
Friday Dive In Movies (Seasonally)
Cosmic Sliding at Slyder's (Seasonally on Saturday)
Sunblock at Pools
Discounted Surf Lessons at Toes on the Nose
Electric Car Charging Based on Availability and upon request
Cabana Rental Cancellation Policy
Reservations must be cancelled within 24 hours to avoid a cancellation fee. In the unlikely event that you have to cancel during the 24-hour period, a cancellation charge equal to 50% of the rental fee will be incurred. No shows will be charged full rate of cabana. All pricing is subject to change.