News + Events
To protect against the transmission of COVID-19 at Hyatt Regency Mainz, please only visit us if you feel healthy and in compliance with the current coronavirus requirements of our state. In general, the condition that applies to travellers and restaurant visitors is: tested, recovered or vaccinated. This means:
- Certificate of a negative coronavirus test not older than 24 hours upon arrival.
- Follow-up test is necessary every 48 hours until 12:00 noon.
- Guests who have already been vaccinated (from the 15th day after the second vaccination) or those who have recovered (at least 28 days, maximum six months after infection) are exempt from this after presentation of the vaccination pass or the segregation order from the health department.
Unfortunately, we are also not allowed to welcome you at our hotel if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been in direct contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 over the last 14 days.
- Have any of the stated symptoms here that are often associated with COVID-19.
Covid-19-rapid-testing in hotel
House guests and conference visitors have the opportunity to be tested free of charge in the hotel by making an appointment. The testing is carried out by Schnelltest-Deutschland.
Test times: Mon to Sun 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. For more information and to make an appointment, please click here.
This is how we all protect ourselves:
- Please keep a distance of at least 1.5 m (5 ft) between yourself and other people.
- In all public areas, a medical face mask is required. Exceptions apply to children under 6 years and to the following areas: the seating areas of the restaurant, in the pool, in the sauna and in the showers of the spa area, on the fitness equipment and during facial treatments.
- Wash and disinfect your hands regularly.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief.
- Avoid hand contact with your face if possible.
- If possible, please pay cashless.
Safety first – Wellbeing always
Everything important for your stay at our Safe Harbour at the Rhine river.
In close proximity to the winter harbour, a security harbour for smaller ships and boats on the Rhine, we also offer you a safe harbour with the highest hygiene and security standards for a pleasant stay.
Arrival and Check-In
- Hand disinfectant dispensers at the hotel entrance and at the reception.
- Reception counter is equipped with plexiglas panels for less direct contact.
- LUCA APP: register on site or download the app before arrival for a safety stay in our restaurants and at the spa.
Transportation & Parking
- Wearing of medical face mask in public transportation is mandatory.
- Parking possibility in the hotel's underground car park.
- Valet parking is not available at the moment.
- More information about transportation and parking can be found here.
- Hand disinfectant dispensers can be found in front of the guest elevators, at the entrance to the Bellpepper restaurant, in front of the guest restrooms, at the spa and in the meeting area.
- All public areas are disinfected every hour with a cold fogger.
- In all public areas, a medical face mask is mandatory. Exceptions apply to children under 6 years and to the following areas: the seating areas of the restaurant, in the pool, in the sauna and the showers of the spa area, on the fitness equipment and during facial treatments.
- If required, you can get a face mask at the reception.
- Contactless card payment is possible in all areas.
- A maximum of 2 persons (or one household) may use the elevator at the same time.
Rooms & Suites
- We clean your room after three nights (or more often on request) between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- After departure rooms are disinfected with a cold fogger.
- The mini-bar is currently not filled but it can be used for your own purposes.
- We offer beverages and snacks via room service, or purchase them directly through the reception. The room service menu can be found here.
- Upon request and subject to availability, we will provide you with a coffee machine or kettle in your room.
- Laundry service: Mon - Sat, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; express cleaning is currently not possible
Restaurants, Beergarden & Room Service
- Information, opening hours and menus can be found here.
- All menus are also accessible via QR Code at the restaurants and in your guestrooms.
- Contactless Room Service possible.
- For information regarding the REGENCY CLUB please contact the reception.
Spa & Fitness
- Whirlpool temporarily closed.
- Find more information about the spa and our hygiene measurements.
For further questions and information, please contact the reception.
The hotel is a proud participant in Hyatt Loves Local, a new initiative that enables Hyatt hotels around the world to support small local businesses deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
From chefs and wellness experts to farmers and artists, the small businesses in Mainz help to define the culture of our community.
As a participant in Hyatt Loves Local, Hyatt Regency Mainz has already teamed up with local artists such as Daniel Schweinberg and Waldemar Erz to provide them with additional exhibition space, and to offer the guests and residents of Mainz a unique art experience with free entry.
We are now pleased to welcome Dr. Andreas Merzdovnik to make our reception hall available as an exhibition space!
Where: Hyatt Regency Mainz, hotel lobby, Templerstrasse 6, 55116 Mainz
Who: Dr. Andreas Merzdovnik
When: 1 May to 31 July 2021, open daily from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
What: Upon reaching retirement age, Dr. Merzdovnik began devoting his time to his passion for oil painting. He is mainly inspired by works from the Impressionism movement. His pictures mostly show travel memories, which may satisfy the viewer's wanderlust, at least for a brief moment.
How: Hotel guests and locals are invited to just drop by and marvel at Merzdovnik's works of art while they stroll through our hotel lobby. No reservation is required and the exhibition is open to the public free of charge.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Hyatt was awarded among the „World‘s Best Workplaces“ by FORTUNE based on the great placements of the "Great Place to Work" survey in Germany, France, England and many more countries. Hyatt achieved a marvellous 14. place.
More than 7,000 organizations participated in the survey process, representing the voices of 12 million employees worldwide. From that pool of companies, the 25 World’s Best Workplaces have been selected.
VARTA GUIDE 2018
Hyatt Regency Mainz and Restaurant Bellpepper as one of the best hotels and restaurants in Germany
FALSTAFF BAR & SPIRITS GUIDE 2018
One of the best bars in Germany
CERTIFICATE FOR EXCELLENCE 2018
"SERVICE OASIS GERMANY"
GUEST REVIEW AWARD