News + Events
HYATT UNION SQUARE NEW YORK DEBUTS PATH FORWARD, FOCUSING ON SAFETY AND WELLBEING
Hyatt Union Square New York today announces its path forward to welcome back guests and customers, helping them once again experience the joy of travel. With a focus on safety first and wellbeing always, Hyatt Union Square New York recently resumed operations and is reimagining the hotel journey with new amenities and offerings.
As an extension of Hyatt’s recently announced Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment, Hyatt is collaborating with medical experts from Cleveland Clinic and other trusted industry advisors to fine-tune reopening and operating procedures such as colleague reorientations, enhanced cleaning and safety protocols, and a Hygiene and Wellbeing Leader at every property.
“With safety and wellbeing in mind, we are listening to our guests and colleagues and working to implement new experiences that will help reimagine the Hyatt Union Square New York journey,” said Hiram Negron, temporary general manager. “The most important element of welcoming back guests is doing it safely, and we are going beyond cleaning to advance care across our entire hotel experience for guests, World of Hyatt loyalty members and colleagues.”
Beyond Safe and Clean, New Guest Experiences
With creativity and care, Hyatt Union Square New York is giving guests and members greater control of their hotel journey and focusing on a more holistic sense of wellbeing from pre-arrival to checkout and beyond. The hotel is reimagining places and spaces to make social distancing not feel that way, striking the right balance of connection and space.
- Wellbeing Where You Are: The true fulfillment of Hyatt’s purpose of care is wellbeing. Through a new, exclusive collaboration with Headspace, guests, members and colleagues may access mindfulness exercises, guided meditations and sleep content via the World of Hyatt app either on in-room TVs or on the road. Guests can also enjoy enhanced fitness and wellbeing amenities in-room at some hotels, such as Exhale on Demand TV content.
- Feeding the Senses: Exceptional food and beverage experiences have always been fundamental to Hyatt and a crucial part of the excitement of travel. New QR codes display menus so guests can browse options and order from their own mobile device at Grand Hyatt Seoul.
- Curated with Care: Guestroom décor and amenities will be curated to remove some extraneous high-touch items, while still providing the high quality experience for which Hyatt is known including engaging art and distinguished design.
As part of Hyatt’s new extended cancellation policy, most reservations booked at Hyatt Union Square New York July 1, 2020 and beyond via Hyatt channels – for any future arrival date through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival on hyatt.com or via the World of Hyatt app. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations. See here for terms and some exceptions.
Caring for Colleagues
At Hyatt Union Square New York, the wellbeing of colleagues is core to advancing care for guests and customers. In response to COVID-19, Hyatt has also reimagined the colleague journey at all Hyatt hotels, including Hyatt Union Square New York to include new work procedures, colleague resources, and reorientations, in an effort to ensure colleagues’ safety and wellbeing. Daily colleague surveys have been introduced to measure colleague comfort and wellbeing, enabling hotel leaders to address opportunities, make adjustments as necessary and meet colleagues’ needs in real time.
As part of Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, Hyatt Union Square New York will have a colleague on property trained as a Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader who is responsible for the hotel adhering to Hyatt’s new operational guidance and protocols. This Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader will help maintain the hotel’s mandatory GBAC STARTM accreditation, including a cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention program that will focus on establishing hotel environments that are sanitary, safe and healthy.
The new hotel colleague journey at Hyatt Union Square NewYork also includes:
- Wellbeing check reminders sent to colleagues prior to arriving at work
- Daily temperature checks of all global colleagues upon arrival to the hotel
- Masks required by all colleagues and additional personal protective equipment measures may be required based on job duties
- Social distance guidance and additional hand sanitizer stations in colleague areas
Hyatt Union Square New York is currently offering Stay 3 nights, Get the 4th Night Free for stays through March 21, 2021.
For more information about Hyatt Union Square New York, please visit https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/new-york/hyatt-union-square-new-york/nycus. For more information on Hyatt’s enhanced cleanliness protocols and reimagined experiences, please visit hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
Reserve Your Table Dinner at Bowery Road
We're delighted to announce the patio will be open Thursday, August 20, 2020 from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. daily. Whether you've been missing afternoon cocktails and people atching, or craving a casual dinner in the neighborhood, we are ready to welcome you back.
Take a peek at our patio menu. We're serving The Bowery Burger, Watermelon Salad with Mint and Feta, Scottish Salmon with Summer Squash, and other Greenamrket-inspired dishes.
Enjoy them with a craft coktail -- now ixed and bottled in-house -- or a nice pint of beer. There's still plenty of time to enjoy the season's prettiest roses too.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Make your reservation today!
Hyatt Union Square New York has earned a TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award for 2020. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.