Hygiene and Safety:
Mar Monte Hotel, part of the Hyatt Unbound Collection, is committed to caring for our guests and colleagues, and your safety and well-being is always our top priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, remain vigilant, follow procedures and protocols developed in consideration of various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local authorities and other leading organizations and experts to ensure that we are at the forefront of safety and sanitation.
As part of Hyatt's Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment, below are some of the steps we have taken to ensure your health and well-being so you can enjoy our Surf City experience.
Updated Safety Procedures:
The Governor of California has announced an updated mandate in the state's response for COVID-19. The State of California now requires all residents and visitors to wear a face mask or covering in all public indoor spaces and outside when six feet of social distancing is not possible from those not of the same household. Additionally, indoor dining is not permitted. Our restaurants remain open for patio dining and limited grab and go only.
Places you must wear a mask:
· While inside, or entering our property, lobby, restaurants, pool area, bocce ball court, meeting and event spaces and all other public spaces
· While placing a food or beverage order at all dining outlets
· When standing in line to enter restaurants up until being seated, or while ordering at the counter
Places you do not need to wear a mask:
· In your guest room
· Once you have been seated on our restaurant patio (mask required when moving through the restaurant)
· While swimming, but you must continue to practice social distancing from persons not in your household
Closed Until Further Notice:
· Hot Tub
· Fitness Center
· Valet Parking has also been suspended to limit guest/colleague contact
Arrival and Check In:
Social distancing is required in all public areas and meeting space. There is social distancing signage and floor decals displayed throughout the resort. Furniture in the lobby, pool areas, restaurants and other relaxation areas have been rearranged to allow for proper distancing. The updated arrival process now includes a Plexiglass barrier at the front desk for a contact-free check in experience or download the World of Hyatt app to check in with Mobile Key.
Our team has increased the disinfecting of our high-touch surfaces in areas such as lobbies, guestrooms, restaurants, meeting/event space, recreational areas, public restrooms, elevator buttons and employee areas using hospital-grade disinfectant.
Hand sanitizer stations are placed in prominent areas throughout the resort's public spaces and entrances.
Each colleague has been trained in updated processes for hygiene and cleanliness.
· In order to minimize contact and human exposure, housekeeping services will not be provided for guests staying less than 4 nights except on a by request basis. If mid-stay housekeeping service is requested, all guests must be out of the room at time of service to minimize exposure.
· For guests with long term stays, greater than 4 nights, housekeeping will be arranged upon arrival to ensure the cleaning is completed with no guest presence for your and our colleagues safety.
· Rooms have been stocked with extra amenities.
· Additional amenities are available upon request through your World of Hyatt app or calling the hotel operator. All amenities will be dropped off at your door in a contactless manner.
· For your convenience, additional trash bags are available in your guestroom. Please place trash bags outside your guestroom door by 2 PM for contactless pickup. After this time, please feel free to call the hotel operator to arrange pick-up
· After guest departure, all surfaces of guestrooms are fully sanitized with an Electrostatic Cordless Cleaning Sprayer prior to cleaning.
Food and Beverage
Maximum capacity has been reduced as diners may only be seated outdoors by state guidelines. Self-serve buffets have been suspended, menus will be discarded after each guest and dining tables have been rearranged for social distancing.
Our pool is open with social distancing measures in place. The State of California issued a new mandate for all hot tubs to be closed until further notice. Reserving pool chairs is not allowed. Any unattended items will be turned in to Lost and Found after 15 minutes. No glassware, coolers or outside food and beverage is permitted at any of our pool areas.
After each guest has departed the pool area, the used chair and table are sanitized with a handheld cordless Electrostatic sprayer and new towels are placed by a gloved colleague on the chair for the next guest.