THIS IS WHAT SETS US APART
We are one of the most climate-neutral hotels in the whole of Vienna, as we placed a special focus on sustainability during the development of the project and the construction of the hotel.
- Efficient energy supply through connection to Vienna's district heating and cooling network: The district heating is generated directly in cutting-edge plants in Vienna. This type of energy supply saves us valuable raw materials and CO₂.
- Automated sun protection system for energy efficiency in the event area and the 303 guestrooms: This saves us up to 50% cooling energy and up to 30% heating energy compared to windows without sun protection.
- Ventilation system with high-tech heat recovery: Here, the waste heat / cooling of the used air (exhaust air) is used to warm up fresh air (supply air) in winter and cool it in summer. This special technology minimises the primary energy consumption of our building.
- Energy-efficient BlueKit ventilation in the lift shaft: With this system, we lower CO₂ emissions, reduce energy costs and at the same time ensure safety and comfort in the lift shafts. The system combines efficient and demand-optimised ventilation with reliable and safe smoke extraction.
- Austria's largest parking garage with electric charging stations is located beneath Andaz Vienna am Belvedere. We offer 15 charging stations for electric vehicles with a charging capacity of 11 kW / h and two charging stations for e-scooters with a charging capacity of 3.7 kW / h.
- We hold LEED Gold certification, which validates and highlights our building's resource-efficient environmental attributes such as design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- The Cheetah Energy Control System controls the exhaust and supply fans according to demand, which allows us to save energy in our commercial kitchens.
- When the kitchen is less busy, the exhaust fan speed is reduced to 40% of normal. This reduces energy consumption from 100% to only 6%!