The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Hyatt.
This policy is designed for the protection of our guests and associates and pertains to the presence of firearms on hotel premises.
Hyatt recognizes that guests may legally possess firearms for a variety of legitimate purposes.
This policy is intended to create a safe environment for all guests and visitors by providing appropriate guidance over the custody of firearms on our premises.
The Open Carry of Firearms on Hyatt private property is prohibited, regardless of state or local authorities.
The hotel premises are private property. Guests of a Hyatt hotel who lawfully are permitted to possess a firearm may bring such firearm onto hotel premises for storage purposes only. Any hotel guest who is in possession of a firearm on hotel premises is personally responsible for abiding by all applicable federal, state and local laws with respect to firearms, in the jurisdiction where the hotel is located and ensuring that:
- All handguns, firearms and ammunition must be transported into and out of hotel property secured in a locked, hard-sided firearm container provided by the guest.
- The firearm is securely safeguarded at all times in a guest room or personal vehicle (except when transporting the firearm into or out of the hotel).
Guests who fail to abide by this policy may be asked to leave the hotel premises. A blanket exception to the restrictions described in this policy statement applies only to law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. No exemption to this policy is allowed for private persons, even those licensed and permitted to carry a firearm, and/or where applicable, to conceal-carry a firearm.
Questions concerning this policy or its implementation may be addressed to Hyatt’s Global Security department.
Our hotel is dog friendly. Bring your four-legged friend to local parks, biking trails and our luxury Dog Walk facility on the 6th floor. Each pet-friendly room is outfitted with dog food and water bowls refillable upon request, dog beds and a special pet amenity. To ensure a safe and fun visit for pups and people alike, we ask that you adhere to the following policies and procedures:
- Required reservations in advance due to limited availability of dog-friendly rooms.
- Weight limit of 50 lbs with maximum two dogs per room if the combined weight is 75 lbs or less.
- “Dog on vacation” sign must be placed outside room door at all times during your visit.
- Canines must be kept on a leash and ID tags must have your cellphone number.
- There is a $100 nonrefundable pet fee for up to six (6) nights; after six nights there will be an additional $100 fee levied.
- Carry your cellphone with you in the event that the front desk needs to contact you.
- Call the front desk to schedule a specific time for housekeeping to service your room.
- Please tuck furry friends into their Hyatt dog beds by 9:30 p.m. to curb noise complaints.
- Pick up after your pup with clean-up stations located at the Dog Walk near the pool.
- Never leave your dog(s) unattended in resort gathering spaces.
- Pets are not permitted in Shula’s, LobbiBar, Spindletop or the gym.
You are legally responsible for your dog, as well as any injuries or damages that may occur during your stay. Hyatt Regency Houston does not assume any liability for your pup or for their actions in rooms or on hotel property. For any further questions, please call +1 713 654 1234.