New Travel Requirements
In support of our guests and travel safety, The Cape now offers registered guests complimentary Antigen Covid-19 testing. Tests are in compliance with updated U.S travel requirements (which include proof of a negative Covid-19 test result, taken within 24 hours of a return flight to the U.S.). Antigen Covid-19 tests will be administered on property by a medical professional and results are expected in 24 hours. Our concierge team will be able to provide information on other local testing options, including pricing for onsite PCR testing at request. Please contact our concierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your test or to request additional information.
The Cape family hopes you and all of those you love are healthy and safe during these challenging times. As the COVID-19 situation continues to impact communities across the globe, we want you to be at ease, knowing that your safety and wellbeing are our top priority. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and quality you expect from The Cape. Thanks to our committed and hardworking team—from our cleaning staff to our ownership—we have established in collaboration with Hyatt and BlueNet Hospitals a robust system of safety and sanitization measures that meet federal and global health guidelines; supervised by a dedicated leader from the team.
A few items we’d like to highlight for you today are detailed below:
- Mandatory temperature checks for all suppliers, colleagues and guests on arrival. Also, is required to wear face masks in all hotel public areas.
- As you arrive in Los Cabos, SJD International Airport has implemented enhanced protocols including thermal cameras and travel background checks on all travelers.
- Transportation vehicles are disinfected between every use. We further disinfect your luggage before uploading to the vehicle and once again when unloading at the hotel (using non-damaging, but effective cleaners).
- Guests will be provided with specialized care kits, including face masks, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- Guest rooms are assigned to allow maximum distance between guests.
- There will be a lapse of 24 to 48 hours between room assignments to allow a deeper sanitation process.
- Elevated and rigorous daily cleaning procedures for all guest rooms and common touch points including sanitizing and disinfecting protocols are in place. In some areas we are using new technology such as electrostatic sprayers, UVC light and disinfection points.
- Use of technology for a tailored stay for our guests, from booking your reservation to the check-out process.
- Alternative contactless in-room dining options, housekeeping services, and others.
- In accordance with local health authority guidance a limited capacity is required, we highly recommend reserving your culinary and wellness experiences. Private in-room experiences are also available upon request.
- Social distancing is practiced throughout the hotel by colleagues and guests, from spacing our restaurant tables accordingly to the check-in process, public spaces, and others.
- Food preparation protocols are strictly enforced.
- Engineering protocols have been implemented including air-conditioning frequent cleaning and inspection to ensure a clean air in rooms, restaurants and areas which are fitted with individual air-conditioning ventilation.
- We’ve implemented enhanced team member wellbeing checks, provided personal protective equipment to all associates, while constantly improving, reviewing and implementing our safety training protocols.
- We have a detailed, custom protocol in place should a guest or staff member be concerned they may have or have been in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19.
- The Cape has been certificated by one of the industry’s highest-level certifications, verifying best-of-class processes for quality and safety. Such as Cristal International Standards, Global Biorisk Advisory Council (A Division of ISSA), WTTC Safe Travels Stamp of Approval, and the country’s federal certification called "Punto Limpio" (Clean Spot) sanitary certification.
Please rest assured our team will continue to monitor regional and international travel requirements and provide you with transparent and informed updates. The safety of our guests and staff remains our number one priority. If you have any questions prior, during, or after your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We thank you for your valued support and trust.
We share and appreciate the value of travel and the wonderful experiences it brings us, we are focused and prepared to ensure a safe environment during your stay. Thank you for being a part of our community here at The Cape. We look forward to welcoming you back safely. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Sending health and well wishes to you and your families.