News + Events
2 Hour Weekend Road Trip
By Sara Schu, Hyatt Regency Tysons Marketing Manager on June 18, 2020
Excited to get out of the apartment? I was too, here are some places in Fairfax County and D.C. that I felt safe being social again.
Change of Scenery
Fairfax County is home to 427 parks. Through this time I have been outdoors more than I have in years, below are a few parks that I have discovered and explored:
- Pohick Bay Park - Tucked away in Lorton this regional park has trails and beautiful waterfront views. You can also rent kayaks at the park to spend an afternoon on the water.
- Meadowlark Botanical Gardens - If you love plants like I do, these grounds are beautiful! Meadowlark has 95 acres of outdoor gardens that you can walk!
- Great Falls - It still fascinates me that the falls are located I the middle of congested Northern Virginia because you truly escape the city feel. The park itself has great overlooks and hiking trails.
Love Craft Beer? Me too
There are so many great breweries in the area and now more than ever it’s important to support these local businesses. Being social and safe at breweries is of the most importance, so I have listed a few that I have personally visited.
- Ono Brewing – They have extended outdoor seating and you pour your own beer inside. They provide you with single use gloves to touch any tap handles. Everything is VERY clean and I felt safe partaking. Also check out Odd BBQ, you can order from your phone and they bring it out to your table.
- Mustang Sally – Added outdoor seating and adjusted inside service to fit new regulations. Always a great atmosphere.
- Crooked Run – Did some drive by pick-ups from crooked run during quarantine but now they have opened up patio and indoor seating. They have a large indoor area so you won’t feel cramped
There are so many great spots! Check out this link when planning to find some area favorites.
Also to try local brews visit Barrel & Bushel. They have rotating taps with over 20 local beers available.
Visit the Capital
With everything just beginning to re-open this is a great time to experience a less congested D.C. Over quarantine I have enjoyed:
- Taking the scenic route to tour monuments by car or walking.
- Stretching my legs at Georgetown’s Water front
- Packing a picnic to enjoy on the lawn of the Washington monument.
First step, book your room. Stay central for the weekend at Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center. Even in your downtime at the hotel there is so much to enjoy with our outdoor plaza, local eateries like Barrel & Bushel and Tysons Corner Center which offers shopping and entertainment.
Hyatt RegencyTysons Corner Center has been awarded Northern Virginia Family Services 2019 CARE Award.
The award received on October 9th, honors Hyatt Tysons commitment in providing a workplace that meets the needs and improves work/life balance for all employees.
“CARE Award winners are top business leaders who demonstrate unyielding commitment to their employees and our community,” shares Stephanie Berkowitz, president and CEO at Northern Virginia Family Service. “CARE shines a light on this exceptional group of businesses and the ways they help to strengthen our economy, bolster their bottom lines, and make our region stronger.”
CARE Award winners are selected based on their performance in the categories of community involvement and impact, health and wellness benefits, work-life programs and policies, and development and education programs.
TripAdvisor 2019 Certificate of Excellence
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner is proud to be the recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2019, and for the past 3 consecutive years.