The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Hyatt.
This policy is designed for the protection of our guests and associates, and pertains to the presence of firearms on hotel premises.
Hyatt recognizes that guests may legally possess firearms for a variety of legitimate purposes.
This policy is intended to create a safe environment for all guests and visitors by providing appropriate guidance over the custody of firearms on our premises.
The Open Carry of Firearms on Hyatt private property is prohibited, regardless of State or local authorities
Hotel premises are private property. Guests of a Hyatt hotel who lawfully are permitted to possess a firearm, may bring such firearm onto hotel premises for storage purposes only. Any Hotel Guest who is in possession of a firearm on hotel premises is personally responsible for abiding by all applicable federal, state, and local laws with respect to firearms, in the jurisdiction where the hotel is located and ensuring that:
- All handguns, firearms and ammunition must be transported into and out of hotel property secured in a locked, hard-sided firearm container provided by the guest
- The firearm is securely safeguarded at all times in a guest room or personal vehicle (except when transporting the firearm into or out of the hotel)
Guests who fail to abide by this policy may be asked to leave the hotel premises. A blanket exception to the restrictions described in this policy statement applies only to law enforcement officers and designated military personnel, who are on-duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. No exemption to this policy is allowed for private persons, even those licensed and permitted to carry a firearm, and/or where applicable, to conceal-carry a firearm.
Questions concerning this policy, or its implementation may be addressed to Hyatt’s Global Security department.
We allow two dogs per guestroom with a combined weight not to exceed 75 pounds.
Housekeeping will inspect room upon guest departure to ensure room will not need to incur additional fees for pet damage
Pets are not allowed in the Food and Beverage outlets, unless it is a guide pet
Guest is responsible for placing "Pet in Room" door tag on outside of doorknob to alert hotel staff when pet is in room
Guest must be present in the room & pet must be caged when requesting Housekeeping or Maintenance services, room will be cleaned if the animal is not in the room
Guest is responsible for any noise disruptions pet may cause during stay
Guest is responsible for any liability by staff or invitee of the hotel as a result of pet.
- For 6 nights or less there will be a one-time $75 non-refundable pet cleaning fee, after 6 nights additional charges incur.
- 7 - 30 nights will be an additional deep cleaning fee of $100
- For 30 nights or more, please call hotel for pricing
- All guest rooms with pets are required to be serviced by our housekeeping staff every 4th day