News + Events
We are GBAC STAR certified.
The GBAC STAR hygiene and training accreditation certifies Park Hyatt Zanzibar to meet a higher level of cleanliness and safety. These include for example:
- Maintaining strict cleaning protocols for infectious disease
- The assurance that the facility has been disinfected to the highest standards.
- "Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader" as well as detailed cleanliness training
- 2023 GBAC STAR™ ACCREDITATION CERTIFICATE
- 2022 GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
- 2021 Top 30 hotels in Southern Africa –
- 2021 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2021 Top 10 Luxury Hotels, Tanzania –TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
- 2020 - 2021 GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
- 2020 Luxury Architecture Design Hotel - World Luxury Hotel Awards
- 2019 Best Stone Town Hotel – Zanzibar Tourism Awards
- 2019 Top 10 Luxury Hotels, Tanzania –TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
- 2019 Top 10 Hotels, Tanzania – TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
- 2018 Best Stone Town Hotel – Zanzibar Tourism Awards
- 2018 Best Branded Hotel – Zanzibar Tourism Awards
- 2018 Certificate of Excellence - TripAdvisor
- 2017 Best Leisure Hotel in Tanzania - Jumia Travel Awards
- 2016 Best Hotel Interior Tanzania - International Property Awards
- 2016 Best Hotel Interior Africa - International Property Awards
Want to connect with nature and make a positive impact during your vacation in Zanzibar? Help preserve endangered turtles and protect our oceans on International Volunteer HQ’s Turtle Conservation program in Nungwi!
This is a unique opportunity to support the conservation of endangered sea turtles. By helping nurse and treat injured sea turtles, collecting food, feeding turtles and looking after their lagoon and pools, you’ll help boost populations of these beautiful at-risk creatures.
GBAC STAR Certified.
We are proud to announce that our hotel is now GBAC STAR certified.
GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation identifies Park Hyatt Zanzibar as a showcase example of commitment to ensuring a clean, safe, and healthy environment for your employees, customers, and stakeholders. This accomplishment also demonstrates leadership in transforming the cleaning industry into an essential part of any business.
You mental and physical wellbeing has never been so important. That's why we designed our packages for you and your family to re- fuel, re-connect or to re-energize on your next visit.
Simply visit our Relaxation Packages to book. Activities include walks on the beach, daily gym use and bespoke dining experiences.
Packages can be booked prior or during your stay for individuals, couples and families.
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is always a top priority. We have been closely monitoring the fast-evolving COVID-19 situation. For precautionary measures, we are following the recommended procedures and protocols of the World Health Organization and Tanzanian Ministry of Health.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org