News + Events
Hyatt Place New York Chelsea Terrace
This New York City property boasts a secluded terrace on its second floor. The space transports guests away from the hustle and bustle of New York City with its cherry blossom tree, rock water feature, hanging greenery, string lights and flower wall. There is also a retractable roof so the space can be enjoyed even if the weather isn’t perfect.
45 Story Hyatt Place Hotel finally completed in Chelsea, New York
World’s second largest Hyatt Place scheme opens in New York
CHICAGO (April 19, 2021) – Hyatt Place New York Chelsea is set to open in August 2021. The new 45 story, 510-room hotel will offer business and leisure travelers an open, intuitive design, casual atmosphere, and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, 24-hour food offerings and the 24-hour fitness center.
“New York is a world-class city and key business and leisure destination, and Hyatt Place New York Chelsea will add a wonderful new option for our multitasking travelers who can accomplish all they need to do while on the road visiting the heart of the city that never sleeps,” said General Manager Gary Maida.
Hyatt Place New York Chelsea will be centrally located in the beautiful, brownstone lined Chelsea neighborhood, within walking distance to some of New York City’s best attractions, such as the Empire State Building, Chelsea Market, The Highline, Hudson Yard, Madison Square Park, Flatiron Building and much more.
Unlike any other property in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, Hyatt Place New York Chelsea will offer soaring views of One World Trade and Midtown Manhattan from the city view and sky view rooms, ranging from floors 20 to 45. Guests can also take in the sites and sounds of the Big Apple from The Terrace at Hyatt Place Chelsea which will offer a retractable roof, making it accessible all year round.
Hyatt Place New York Chelsea will offer:
- 510 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Breakfast Bar featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Terrace at Hyatt Place Chelsea with retractable roof allowing guests to enjoy a cocktail all year long
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
For more information, please visit hyattplace.com and www.hyattplacenewyorkchelsea.com
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.