News + Events
Inspired by our natural green interior, award-winning vertical garden, BREEAM award, botanical design inspiration & sustainability…every event experience at Hyatt Regency Amsterdam will be planned with our new Meetings & Event concept in mind – The Five Senses of Botany & Sustainability. Events promise to trigger all of your senses and bring the themes of botany & sustainability to life beyond just recycled paper!
Discover our spaces!
Being one of the greenest hotel in the Netherlands, we’ve always felt the urge to share our love for botany, sustainability, wellbeing and consciousness. With our brand new Sunday Sessions program, we will. Partnering with the trailblazers of today, we’ve created a program of inspiration: yoga workshops, terrarium classes, TedXAmsterdamWomen speaker sessions, screenings, beat the burn-out events and panel discussions with exciting media partners. It’s the inspiring alternative for hitting the snooze button.
Keep an eye on the Facebook event for program updates
Our living green wall in the lobby was awarded the Interior Landscaping of the Year. The long, vital green wall in the hotel lobby provides a pleasant, luxurious multifunctional space for hotel guests, conference participants and local residents. And is a favourite instagram hotspot for our visitors!
On opening Hyatt Regency Amsterdam was awarded a BREEAM Excellent Certificate with the highest score of any hotel in the Netherlands. We live true to this award and would love to share how!
Here are a few examples of actions currently implemented in our hotel.
- Plastic bottles removed from guest rooms and replaced with glass, saving us throwing away over 500 bottles a week.
- No plastic in our events spaces
- Joining Amsterdam's iAmStrawless movement - you won't find a straw at the bar!
- Empty wine bottles are collected and upcycled into Mama Makan glasses thanks to Rebottled partnership.
- Clean the World: Empty shampoo, conditioner and soap are collected and repurposed into useable hygiene products for countries in need.
- Instead of being thrown away, our Christmas trees are currently being brewed into Lowlander's latest Winter IPA
- Food waste is turned into biodiesel
- Hives for swallows & bats located in hotel facade.
If you are interested in more information about the efforts of our hotel, please do not hesitate to ask our receptionists. Moreover, we welcome your suggestions to help us enhance our sustainable development program.