Safety Guidelines and Resort Information
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay is committed to caring for our guests, colleagues and customers, as your safety and well-being is always a top priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, remain vigilant, follow procedures and protocols developed in consideration from various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local authorities and other leading organizations and experts.
As part of Hyatt’s Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment below are some of the steps we are taking to ensure your health and well-being so you can enjoy your Chesapeake Experience:
Hygiene and Safety
· Disinfecting of high-touch surfaces in areas with hospital-grade disinfectant such as lobbies, guestrooms, restaurants, meeting/event space recreational areas, public restrooms, elevator buttons and employee areas. Our onsite hygiene manager will be ensuring we are adhering to all operational guidelines and protocols.
· For the safety of our guests and colleagues, we will not be entering guest rooms at any time during your stay. Simply dial ‘0’ for contactless room-delivery of any needs you may have.
· Valet service will be temporarily suspended. The front drive will be designated as a guest drop off for unpacking vehicles and sanitized bell carts will be available for guest’s use. The front drive will also be available for ADA assistance.
· Hand sanitizer stations will be placed in prominent areas throughout the hotel’s public spaces and entrances.
· The updated arrival process will include a safety glass barrier at the front desk for a contact-free check in experience. You will also have the option of keyless guestroom entry by using your World of Hyatt app for World of Hyatt members.
· Social distancing will be required in all public areas and meeting space. There will also be social distancing signage and floor decals displayed throughout the resort. Furniture in the lobby, pool deck, restaurants, and other relaxation areas will be rearranged to allow for proper distancing.
· Face masks are required by all guests throughout the public areas of the resort, including lobbies, elevators, hallways and meeting/ event space. Face Masks are also required outdoors, whenever social distancing of six feet or greater is not possible. All resort colleagues are required to wear a face mask while on property at all times. Face Mask regulations are dependent on the current State of Maryland Regulations.
· Each colleague will be trained and certified in updated processes for hygiene and cleanliness.
· Our Indoor, and Outdoor pools will be open with limited capacity in accordance with directive from the state and local government as well as our hot tubs.
· Pool chairs will be configured to ensure separation between groups of guests traveling together. If you need to move the pool chairs for any reason, we ask that you please ensure they remain at least 6 feet away from other parties.
· Pool chairs will be sanitized between each use.
· In accordance with the State of Maryland, pools are currently limiting capacity due regulations by the state of Maryland’s Executive order. There will be times that you might have to wait due to pools reaching the limited occupancy.
· Cabanas are available. Please contact us at (410) 901 1234 for availability.
Open Amenities and More
· Open resort activities include: Disc Golf, Mini Golf, Putt Putt Golf, Rookery Nature Walk, Sand Volleyball, Cornhole, Tennis Courts, Horseshoes, Kayak/Paddleboard rental, Watersport rentals and Bike rentals.
· The fitness center will be open daily and will provide limited capacity to maintain social distancing practices.
· Sago Spa & Salon will reopen July 1, 2020 with limited offerings due to state of Maryland regulations in place.
· Pre-made s’mores kit with disposable sticks will be available for purchase.
· We have temporarily closed the playground, the indoor hot tub, the game room, business center, Camp Hyatt, and valet parking until further notice.
River Marsh Golf Club Updates
· The Pro Shop will be open from 730AM-5PM and all staff will wear masks and gloves while on-site.
· Tee times will be staggered in 15 min increments to allow for social distancing.
· For your safety, cash will not be accepted as a form of payment.
· Club rentals and high touch areas on golf carts will be sanitized after each use.
· Golf Cart recommendations are 1 person per golf cart unless living in the same household.
· Sand bottles, cart coolers, and towels will be removed from all carts.
· The course will provide touchless pins and a foam insert will be placed in each hole to provide easy retrieval of golf balls.
· Rakes will be removed from bunkers and these areas will be played as a preferred lie.
· Water coolers and ball washers on the golf course will be removed or covered to prevent use.
· Lockers and shower areas will be closed until further notice.
· Maximum capacity has been reduced to ensure local compliance. Self-serve buffets have been eliminated, menus will now be discarded after each guest, and dining tables have been rearranged to ensure social distancing.
· Blue Point Provision Company will remain closed for the remainder of the year.
· Our restaurants will also have mobile ordering/paying and pick up options available. For updates and hours of operation for each restaurant, please call the resort at (410) 901-1234
Meetings and Events
· Event capacities have been modified to allow proper social distancing. Meeting room layouts will be tailored to each event in order to ensure distancing and a quality experience.
· Buffets will be managed by attendants behind Plexiglas with PPE, Beverage stations will be staffed and prepackaged 'grab and go' style menus will also be available. Sanitized individual silverware roll-ups will be prepared by staff wearing appropriate PPE.
· Increased social distancing is also available with PSAV’s MeetSAFE program that incorporates multi-room broadcast communication and multi-room/multi-venue networked communication. These designs will incorporate physical distancing measures that align with local government regulations.
· A variety of social distancing and Wellness focus activities will be available including guided tours of our onsite Blue Heron rookery, Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, outdoor yoga or coach led exercise classes focusing on your wellbeing. Guided kayak tours, golf tournaments or Community give back activities are also available.
Please note that all of these items are subject to change as local and state government guidelines continue to develop, and as we navigate through the opening process to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the resort at (410) 901- 1234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A daily resort fee ($25 plus tax) January 1 - March 25 , ($37 plus tax) March 26 – September 30, ($25 plus tax) October 1 – December 31 will apply to all room nights:
- Self-parking privileges
- Use of miniature golf nine hole course to include putters and golf balls
- Access to 24 hour fitness center
- Access to 3 pools
- Use of basketball court and equipment
- 9 hole Frisbee golf course
- Use of sand volleyball court and equipment
- Use of tennis courts and equipment
- Local and 800 calls
- Incoming and outgoing faxes
- In-room coffee and tea
- In-room safe
Pack the leash—your four-legged family member is welcome at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina.
Canine companions must be on a leash and in control at all times. While we love dogs, this is in consideration of other guests at the hotel.
Please enter and exit the building through the entrance on the ground floor on the Northeast side of the building.
Please stay out of restaurants, Bay County Market foyer, pool decks & beach, the golf course, and the Manor Lawn, which is located outside of Michener’s Library.
If your dog needs to be walked, please go to our “Dog Walk” areas marked between the valet parking lot and the 18th hole. Once there, you are required to pick up after your dog.
Please settle your dog in the Hyatt Dog Bed by 9:30pm, out of respect for the other guests. If the owners are leaving the dog alone for a while, please leave your cell phone number at the Front Desk in case you need to be contacted about your four-legged friend.
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay does not assume any liability for the dog or its actions while on the Resort Grounds.
Nonrefundable Pet Fee: $150.00
We allow a maximum of two dogs