News + Events
STATE OF MAINE TRAVEL GUIDELINES
The State of Maine, its communities, and its diverse tourism and hospitality industries know that visitors want to travel to locations that are safe and healthy, and they want to enjoy the communities, businesses and outdoor locations that make Maine so special.
All visitors will be asked to sign the Certificate of Complaince for Maine Visitors attesting they meet one of the following requirements to stay in lodging facilities in the State of Maine:
- Receive a negative COVID-19 test in your home state on a specimen taken no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival.
- You may test upon arrival in Maine at one of the Swab and Send sites announced by the State of Maine. Guests must quarantine in your hotel room until results are returned. Guests in quarantine may not use the public facilities of the hotel and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions.
- Maintain compliance with a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in the State of Maine. The quarantine must take place in the State of Maine.
- Maintain complaince with a quarantine in your hotel room for the duration of your stay. Guests in quarantine may not use the public facilities of the hotel and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions.
Residents of the following states are currently exempt from the testing or quarantine requirements listed above:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- New Jersey
To best protect the health and well-being of our colleagues, guests, and community, we kindly ask you to postpone your trip if you are not able to meet these requriements
Essential workers in critical infrasture and traveling on business are exempt from testing and quarantine requirements. Travelers who are not visiting Maine on business related to maintaining critical infrastucture must adhere to the travel restrictions listed above.
You will notice some changes to enhance our cleaning procedures and minimize interactions between guests and employees.
- All employees are required to complete a daily health evaluation and temperature check at the beginning of each shift and may be randomly screened throughout their shift
- Housekeeping cleaning services will be provided only after your departure. Colleagues will not enter your guest room during your stay. We are happy to deliver towels to your door or remove refuse placed in the hallway.
- All staff wear masks and other PPE while interacting with guests, cleaning guest rooms and suites, folding linens, and performing various cleaning tasks throughout the hotel
- Frequent cleaning of all high-touch surfaces areas, such as tabletops, elevator buttons, door handles, etc
- Removal of in-room touch points, pads, papers, pens, notebooks, etc. For information about our local area, please visit our area attractions page
Guided by our purpose of care and experience delivering world-class hospitality for more than 60 years, Hyatt's Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment builds on our existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols. Learn more about our Safety First, Wellbeing Always program by clicking on the link below.
The health and safety of our team, community, and guests is at the top of our minds. Our team will be practicing guidelines issued by the CDC and local authorities. Please join us in following these guidelines and help keep everyone healthy and safe:
- Face Masks are required in all public areas of the hotel
- Stay 6 feet apart from other guests, team members, and members of our community
- Wear a mask at all times when in all public areas of the hotel and interacting with individuals outside of your party
- Frequently wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, and use the provided hand sanitizer stations whenever hand washing is not possible
- Stay home if you feel ill, have had contact with an individual testing positive in the past 14 days, or if you have a fever
Prepare for a hands free experience, check-in to your stay online and eliminate touch-points upon your arrival. Please download the World of Hyatt app and login or setup your World of Hyatt account. (Mobile Entry is coming very soon)
During you visit, some services of the hotel will be temporarily unavailable to minimize touch points and interactions and help keep you safe. We kindly ask you please plan accordingly.
- Valet Parking and Shuttle Service is not avaialble.
- Self Parking is available to guests for $25 per night.
- Luggage Carts will be available for use and fully sanitized on a regular basis.
- Fitness Center and Pool areas are now open. We kindly ask all guests to practice social distancing, limit the number of guests in an area, and wipe off any used equipment during their visit.
- Bar and Restaurant service in the GLASS Lounge is available to guests and the public from 4 pm to 9 pm Tuesday - Saturday. All patrons are required to wear masks.
Should you have questions, please send us an email at PWMZP-GCC.Contact.Group@hyatt.com.
It is true that our city by the sea has more restaurants per capita than any other in the country, outside of San Francisco. That means when visiting you will have over 300 restaurants to choose from in Portland alone.
We invite you to check out Visit Portland's great comprehensive list of restaurant listing in Portland, Maine where you can narrow down your search by dining experience.
State of Maine residents may begin staying in lodging facilities beginning on June 01 2020. Our committment is to keep our guests safe during their visit into Portland and what better way to kick off the summer with our local residents.
MAINE RESIDENTS, PURCHASE 2 NIGHTS AND GET A 3RD NIGHT ON US!
Use your 3rd night on your booking or save it for a later date.
Not sure what to use your third night for, here are a few great examples:
- Gift to Friends and Family for the Holidays (or when you just want them out of your home)
- Fall getaway to sample the delicious tastes of Maine restaurants before viewing all the beautiful colors around town
- Treat yourself to a New Year's Eve night out in the Old Port
- Donate your free night to a great local charity
Summertime rates in Portland will never be this low again.. Offer expires on August 31, 2020.
To book your stay, use the offer code 207RES when booking or click on the link below and select your dates to get started.
Advance reservation required. Additional terms may apply. Only avaialble to new reservations booked directly at Hyatt.com. Valid State of Maine ID showing Maine residency required.