News + Events
STATE OF MAINE TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Everyone in your party will be required to wear a mask in all public spaces.
The State of Maine, its communities, and its diverse tourism and hospitality industries know that visitors want to travel to locations that are safe and healthy, and they want to enjoy the communities, businesses and outdoor locations that make Maine so special.
You will be asked to sign the State of Maine's Certificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors attesting you and those in your party meet one of the following requirements to check into your hotel accomodations:
- You and those in your party have already taken a COVID-19 test with a negative result in your home state on a specimen taken no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival. You may quarantine in your hotel room if you are still awaiting results upon arrival. If you are in quarantine you may not use the public facilities of the hotel, must not interact with individuals of the Maine community, and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions.
- You and those in your party will test upon arrival in Maine at one of the State Swab and Send sites. You and your party will quarantine in your hotel room until negative results are returned. If you are in quarantine you may not use the public facilities of the hotel, must not interact with individuals of the Maine community, and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions.
- You and those in your party will maintain compliance with a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in the State of Maine. The quarantine must take place in the State of Maine. If you are in quarantine you may not use the public facilities of the hotel, must not interact with individuals of the Maine community, and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions
- You and those in your party will maintain compliance with a quarantine in your hotel room for the duration of your stay. If you are in quarantine you may not use the public facilities of the hotel, must not interact with individuals of the Maine community, and are restricted from visiting local restaurants, shops, and other attractions
Residents of the following states are currently exempt from testing and quarantine requirements listed above: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts
To best protect the health and well-being of our colleagues, guests, and community, we kindly ask you to postpone your trip untill you are able to meet these requirements.
You will notice some changes to enhance our cleaning procedures and minimize interactions between guests and employees.
- All employees are required to complete a daily health evaluation and temperature check at the beginning of each shift and may be randomly screened throughout their shift
- All staff wear masks and other PPE while interacting with guests, cleaning guest rooms and suites, folding linens, and performing various cleaning tasks throughout the hotel.
- Employees will wash hands frequently and we kindly ask our guests to do the same.
- Frequent cleaning of all high-touch surfaces areas, such as tabletops, elevator buttons, door handles, etc
- Removal of in-room touch points, pads, papers, pens, notebooks, etc. For information about our local area, please visit our area attractions page
Guided by our purpose of care and experience delivering world-class hospitality for more than 60 years, Hyatt's Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment builds on our existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols. Learn more about our Safety First, Wellbeing Always program by clicking on the link below.
To protect the health and wellness of you, your family and friends, and the colleagues of our team, no team members at the Hyatt Place will enter your guest room after you have arrived.
During your visit, the housekeeping team will not be providing the typical daily cleaning service you may have come to expect during your past travels.
Colleagues are happy to provide you any of the following items upon request and will deliver to your guest room during daytime hours. Please dial "0" while at the hotel to reach the front desk to request.
- Bathroom Amenities
- Trash Bags
After your depature, guest rooms will remain vacant for at least 2 hours prior to our colleagues entering guest rooms. Guest rooms will be fully sanitized before the next guests arrival.
We appreciate your assistance with helping ensure the colleagues of our team remain healthy and are able to provide you with exceptional service for all of your future travels.
The health and safety of our team, community, and guests is at the top of our minds. Our team will be practicing guidelines issued by the CDC and local authorities. Please join us in following these guidelines and help keep everyone healthy and safe:
- Face Masks are required in all public areas of the hotel
- Stay 6 feet apart from other guests, team members, and members of our community
- Wear a mask at all times when in all public areas of the hotel and interacting with individuals outside of your party
- Frequently wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, and use the provided hand sanitizer stations whenever hand washing is not possible
- Stay home if you feel ill, have had contact with an individual testing positive in the past 14 days, or if you have a fever
Prepare for a hands free experience, check-in to your stay online and eliminate touch-points upon your arrival. Please download the World of Hyatt app and login or setup your World of Hyatt account. (Mobile Entry is coming very soon)
During you visit, some services of the hotel will be temporarily unavailable to minimize touch points and interactions and help keep you safe. We kindly ask you please plan accordingly.
- Valet Parking and Shuttle Service is not avaialble.
- Self Parking is available to guests for $25 per night.
- Luggage Carts will be available for use and fully sanitized on a regular basis.
- Fitness Center and Pool areas are now open. We kindly ask all guests to practice social distancing, limit the number of guests in an area, and wipe off any used equipment during their visit.
- Bar and Restaurant service in the GLASS Lounge is available to guests and the public from 4 pm to 9 pm Tuesday - Saturday. All patrons are required to wear masks.
- All frequent contact surfaces are cleaned and sanitized by our team regularly.
Should you have questions, please send us an email at PWMZP-GCC.Contact.Group@hyatt.com.
OUTDOOR DINING HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JANUARY 02, 2022
It is true that our city by the sea has more restaurants per capita than any other in the country, outside of San Francisco. That means when visiting you will have over 300 restaurants to choose from in Portland alone.
We invite you to check out Visit Portland's great comprehensive list of restaurant listing in Portland, Maine where you can narrow down your search by dining experience.