News + Events
As communicated on July 30, 2021, we have been informed that one of our colleagues unfortunately tested positive for COVID-19. In response to this matter, we proactively conducted COVID-19 testing for colleagues of the concerned individual to ensure safety. As of August 2, 2021, we confirmed that all those colleagues tested negative with the exception of two colleague and their last workdays were July 28 and July 30, 2021.
The three colleagues tested positive are currently undergoing treatment and we are providing appropriate assistance and support. At this time, the local Health Center has assessed that these individual cases are not connected. The concerned colleagues were taking preventative measures such as always wearing facemasks, regularly using the appropriate disinfectants on hotel premises, and they did not come into close contact with other colleagues or any hotel guests.
Upon learning about the situation, we engaged a third-party cleaning company and completed disinfection of all areas in the hotel that the colleagues were in contact with including employee common spaces.
Out of an abundance of caution and care, we are proactively continuing to conduct COVID-19 testing for all colleagues from the department where the concerned colleagues worked.
Grand Hyatt Tokyo is committed to caring for our guests and colleagues and upholding the highest standards of cleanliness. We have the appropriate measures in place in response to COVID-19, which meets the standards set by the local authorities. Our enhanced measures include daily temperature checks for all incoming colleagues, contractors, and guests. Frequently touched areas such as public washrooms, elevator panels, buttons and lobby door handles are sterilized on an hourly basis, and multiple hand sanitizer stations have been placed at public areas throughout the hotel. All hotel colleagues are required to wear facemasks while working and talking, and we also ask our guests to wear facemasks in the hotel’s public areas.
We express our sincere apologies for the concern we may have caused to our guests and related parties due to this case. We remain vigilant in monitoring for symptoms among colleagues and guests, and follow guidelines and protocols recommended by local and international authorities, to ensure our guests and colleagues remain in a healthy and safe environment.
At Grand Hyatt Tokyo, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is always a top priority. Following Hyatt’s new Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, we will continue to maintain our extensive hygiene and sanitation measures, including installation of hand disinfectant dispensers in key locations around the hotel, and cleaning our public spaces, restaurants and bars regularly with the recommended disinfectants. Our associates are wearing face masks, and gloves are being worn in certain areas. We kindly ask all guests to conduct a temperature check upon entry into the property, disinfect their hands and practice social distancing in our facilities. In addition, mask usage is required by all guests, including those who are fully vaccinated, in public areas as well as outdoor areas of the hotel.
In addition, please see the PDF below for our most updated operational changes.
[PDF] Grand Hyatt Tokyo Operational Changes
Thank you again for your continued support and understanding.
* The hotel has acquired the GBAC STAR ™ Facility Accreditation which certifies its implementation of the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention throughout the property. Please click here for more details.
* In light of the recent COVID-19 developments and for precautionary measures, we kindly request that all guests arriving in Japan, complete the government-mandated 14-day quarantine or medical surveillance period at an alternate location before checking in to the hotel, as the property is not designed to operate as a quarantine facility. Please visit the Japan Government’s Official Website for the latest quarantine guidelines before making reservations and traveling.
The restaurants at Grand Hyatt Tokyo are offering a selection of dining plans and exclusive courses at up to 40% off. For a limited time, receive a welcome drink of your choice, or save on select lunch and dinner courses by booking your reservation online.
Grand Hyatt Tokyo features 10 sophisticated restaurants and bars focused on interior decor, quality of food and excellent customer service. Guests are invited to enjoy an exceptional journey of dining at the hotel's restaurants. Authentic and dynamic dishes are created with fresh ingredients by the chefs. Find out more about the restaurants and their promotions here.
We are pleased to announce that Grand Hyatt Tokyo has received an ISO 22000:2018 certification for its food safety management system – a first for a hotel in Japan.
As a leading Hotel in Tokyo, we will continue with its efforts to provide quality service with an outstanding food safety management system.
• Grand Hyatt Tokyo will use reasonable efforts to accommodate guest’s food allergies as much as possible in order to provide safe and pleasant dining experiences.
• We obtain information regarding food allergens from manufacturers and make efforts to eliminate allergen as much as possible. However, please note that we are required to list at least 7 foods and only recommended to list up to 20 foods that people are prone to having an allergic reaction to so it may be difficult to obtain information about all allergens.
• Please be aware that we do not have separate kitchens to prepare and handle allergen-free items. We cannot guarantee that allergens may not have been introduced inadvertently during preparation. For example, it is possible for wheat flour to be in the air and mixed with other food as food allergens.
• Due to the conditions described above, the items we serve may not be completely adjusted to be allergen-free. If there is a guest with severe allergic reactions, we will not be able to serve the guest.
• Upon taking an order, we ask all guests to understand that it is ultimately up to the guest to use his or her individual discretion to make an informed decision regarding whether to order any particular items.
Michelin Guide Tokyo 2021 - Five Pavilion Luxury Hotel
Forbes Travel Guide 2021 - Four-Star Hotel and Spa
TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Best of the Best Award 2021
Travel + Leisure - The World’s Best Awards 2020, Top 10 Hotels in Tokyo
Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2020 - Best Business Hotel in Tokyo