News + Events
Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago strives to incorporate sustainable practices into our daily operations and we recognize many of our customers have similar objectives. Here are a number of ways we are advancing sustainability efforts at the hotel –
- 100% of our hotel’s electricity is matched with renewable energy certificates
- Onsite meetings and events are carbon neutral based on the calculation methods outlined by the Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative (HCMI)
- We are Green Key Global certified
- Sensor lighting has been implemented in meeting rooms and guestrooms
- Utilize refillable solutions for water rather than single use bottled water
- Track and manage environmental performance using Hyatt EcoTrack, Hyatt's global environmental sustainability software
- Provide our guests the opportunity to decline housekeeping services
- Tackle food waste by ordering intelligently and diverting food scraps from landfills
- Straws are offered only upon request
- Offerings like digital signage and Hyatt Apps encourage a paperless meeting
- Products containing plastic micro-beads and Styrofoam are banned
- Hazardous waste, electronic waste and universal waste are handled separately from trash and recyclables
- Mobile Entry is available through the World of Hyatt app to eliminate the number of plastic keycards handed out
- Plant based & plant forward menu items are offered in our restaurants and on banquet menus
- Eggs are cage-free and seafood is sustainably purchased from responsible sources
We are eager and ready to work with meeting planners to ensure sustainability visions can come to life during your events!
Hyatt Regency O’Hare received the company’s first “CEO’s Award for Innovation” in June and was acknowledged as a hotel that uses state-of-the-art methods to evolve the guest experience in a positive way. Hyatt Regency O’Hare received the award due to the ability to personally greet and seamlessly check-in guests at O’Hare International Airport and on the complimentary airport shuttle via an iPad®. This advanced check-in method has given staff the ability to make room keys before guests arrive at the hotel which has created a welcoming and efficient arrival experience without the need to stop at the front desk.
Hyatt Regency O’Hare has been charged as a Hyatt “Lab” hotel to understand the deeper emotional desires of guests, create ideas that target those desires, and incorporate innovative ideas that work like the mobile check-in process. Hyatt Regency O’Hare would like to thank our guests, our associates, and Hyatt Hotels Corporation for making this award possible!