News + Events
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
COVID Health & Safety Plan
Grand Hyatt Kauai is committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness in an effort to ensure our colleagues and guests enjoy a healthy, safe and comfortable environment. We want you to feel confident in the care we are providing, and want to reiterate that your safety and wellbeing are our highest priority. We have enhanced rigorous cleaning and sanitization in all areas.
To read our full COVID Health & Safety Plan click here.
Please note that the reason for the easily clickable link to our new safety guidelines and services offered is that our State has a new mandate:
All hotel operators in the State shall adopt a COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan for each property they operate outlining COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan to include guidance from the CDC, measures enacted in response to COVID-19 and what guests/employees may expect in terms of service, accommodations and safety protocols. All hotel operators shall publish the COVID-19 Health and Safety Plans of each property they operate, including by making it available on their websites and by submitting it to the Hawaii Tourism Authority for posting on its website.
Operational updates and some specific health and safety measures currently include:
· Face coverings are required in all public areas per corporate policy and
· Training and certification for hygiene and cleanliness
· Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants and
electrostatic disinfectant sprayer in guestrooms and shared spaces
· Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols
· Hand sanitizer stations throughout resort
· Protective equipment for hotel colleagues
· Physical distancing guidance throughout resort
· Plexiglass protection shields at front desk and other hostess stands
· Gloved & masked bell attendants to assist with your luggage
· Antibacterial hand sanitizer and masks provided in room
· Signage in all restrooms on CDC hygiene recommendations
· Housekeeping services will be provided after every third night
· If you prefer daily housekeeping services, please advise front desk
· Disposable paper cups in lieu of glassware
· Gloved and masked personnel when in guest room
· Non-essential paper/items removed from guestrooms
· Hospital grade disinfectant utilized to clean rooms
POOL AND LAGOON
· Reduced seating capacities to adhere to social distancing standards
· Nightly chair & cushion cleaning of all pool chairs
· Rigorous pool, lagoon and hot tub sanitization program
ANARA SPA & RESTAURANTS
· Reduced capacity limits and rigorous cleaning protocols
· Digital and single use menus
Though the resort suspended operations in April due to travel restrictions and COVID-19, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa has not been idle. Improvements to facilities and guestrooms have been made, accolades received as one of the best resorts in Hawaii, and accreditation gained for its cleanliness and safety protocols.
Named to the two most prestigious awards lists in the travel industry, Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa was honored in the Travel+Leisure World’s Best Awards as well as the Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards as one of the best resorts in Hawaii. For these awards readers weigh in on travel experiences around the globe — sharing their opinions on the top hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more.
Prior to suspending operations, the resort’s focus on cleanliness and wellbeing was recognized with the AAA Best of Housekeeping Award. Enhanced cleaning protocols led to receiving this award which recognizes housekeeping that significantly exceeded expectations of AAA inspectors during their visit.
The resort also recently received accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) indicating it has proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques and work practices in place to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus. “This accreditation assures workers and guests that the resort has systems in place to maintain clean and healthy environments,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “This third-party validation shows that it follows strict protocols for biorisk situations, thereby demonstrating its preparedness and commitment to operating safely.” To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, the resort was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. Learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
The resort has taken full advantage of this time to make the experience even better when guests return.
- The resort’s renowned pools have new pool decks and socially distanced seating in sun or shade.
- The multi-phased guestroom renovation moved ahead with all new carpeting and the addition of an accent bench at the foot of the bed, an ottoman for the seating area and a media hutch. These enhancements complement the renovation which began in late 2018 with new televisions, credenzas, chairs and sofas, with Nespresso machines and refrigerators added in 2019.
- Three top tier suites have been completely renovated with six additional to be completed by year’s end.
- Many facilities improvements have also been made including safety enhancements, exterior paint and repair, along with extensive landscaping to open the resort view planes.
The resort was recognized on Kauai as the: Best Luxury Resort, Best for Families, Best for a Romantic Getaway, Best Staff, Best Guest Services Program, Best for a Wedding, Best Aloha Spirit #2, Best for a Long Vacation #4.
Tidepools as the Best Resort Restaurant, Best Restaurant >$60pp #2, Most Romantic #2.
Poipu Bay was honored as one of the Best Golf Courses and Anara Spa as one of the best Spas on the island.
Recognized for receiving glowing reviews from travelers.
The resort and Tidepools are in the Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, ranked 2011-19.
Dondero’s (also ranked 2012-13), Stevenson’s, Seaview, Ilima, Poipu Bay Golf Course (also ranked 2016-18).
Ranked in Top 10% of luxury hotels, achieving Elite Gold status. (Also ranked in 2015-18).
Also on Top 15 Pool Hotels in US and Top 15 Spa Hotels in Hawaii 2019.