The Andreas Quarter stands on the former square of the Statthalterpalais, where the state assembly of the Prussian Rhine Province met from 1843 to 1851. In 1913 the new building of the regional and district court replaced it. The building with its impressive external facade was the scene of historical court processes for almost a century. From 2012 to 2017, Frankonia Eurobau AG converted it into a building complex consisting of a hotel, apartments and restaurants. The WELLEM is located in the listed part of the former district court.