News + Events
Hyatt remains committed to providing safe and clean environments and to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness at all hotels globally.
Guided by Hyatt’s purpose of care and experience delivering world-class hospitality for more than 60 years, our Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances existing operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. This multilayered commitment will build on Hyatt's existing rigorous protocols and include an accreditation process by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) at all Hyatt hotels around the world, colleague training and support resources, and a cross-functional working group of medical experts and industry professionals that will contribute to various aspects of the hotel experience.
Hotel-Level Sanitization Specialists
The wellbeing of colleagues is at the heart of Hyatt’s business and core to advancing care for guests and customers. In response to COVID-19, Hyatt is continuing to develop new work procedures and mandatory trainings in an effort to ensure safety for colleagues and guests.
As part of Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, by September 2020, every Hyatt hotel will have at least one person on property trained as Hygiene Manager, who will be responsible for their hotel adhering to new operational guidance and protocols, some of which may include:
- Colleague certification, trainings and recertification process for hygiene and cleanliness
- Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as lobbies, guestrooms, restaurants, meeting and event spaces, recreational areas, public restrooms, fitness centers, elevator buttons, all employee areas, and more
- Implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service, and group meetings and events
- Prominently placed hand sanitizer stations throughout hotel public and employee areas and entrances
- Exploring purification and sanitization device installation in an effort to ensure air quality
- Protective masks and other equipment worn by hotel colleagues
- Social distancing guidance in public areas across hotel properties
- Evolving new policies in consideration of guidance and information shared by various health organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local authorities, and other leading organizations and experts
Cross-Functional Panel of Industry Experts and Professionals
At the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, Hyatt assembled a global cross-functional response team and engaged infectious diseases and occupational health experts to support efforts with COVID-19 research findings and information, which enabled Hyatt to promptly update detailed guidance to hotels and address specific needs and situations.
Hyatt continues to engage additional medical experts and leading industry professionals as part of its commitment. The goal of the working group will be to provide counsel on key areas of Hyatt’s business, challenging Hyatt to act even more holistically in this new environment. Topic areas include:
- Health & Hygiene
- Colleague Safety
- Food & Beverage Safety
- Travel Journey
- Space Design
- Contactless Technology
Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment is an important expression of our purpose to care for people so they can be their best—now and in the future. We want every Hyatt guest and colleague to feel confident that each aspect of our commitment is designed with safety and wellbeing in mind.