News + Events
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative Covid-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Andaz Costa Rica Resort offers on-site COVID-19 PCR testing for a fee or complimentary for stays of 6 nights or longer, as part of ongoing steps to ensure the enjoyment of our guests' experience, their safety and wellbeing. The Resort’s on-premise medical service delivers the results electronically within 24-48 hours. The tests comply with all travel regulations required by the United States, Canada and other countries for re-entry.
- Resort has COVID-19 PCR testing hours from 9am-12pm (subject to change) on-site to ensure all tests arrive on time for processing.
- Test results will be received within 24-48 hours.
- Guests may reserve their testing time in advance with guest services or the front desk.
- The cost of the test is approximately $156.00 per person, inclusive of taxes. This will be billed directly by the medical provider.
- A $25.00 per room administration fee will be applied to the guestroom account to cover expedited transportation services and testing coordination.
- Most health insurance companies will reimburse their members all or a portion of the test cost. Please consult your insurance provider for specific coverage information.
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts may also be used for reimbursement, based on individual plan rules.
- Costa Rica requires the purchase of a low-cost COVID-related insurance policy if your own health insurance does not meet the country’s specific coverage minimums. If you test positive, this policy includes coverage for additional nights lodging until the Health Isolation Order has been completed.
For more information on testing and the resort’s health policy, please contact our Guest Service team at email@example.com
Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo has announced that it has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STARTM accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. “Being the first and only hotel in Costa Rica to receive this important certification demonstrates Hyatt’s commitment to the safety and wellbeing of its guests and employees. We are thrilled to be part of an elite group of hotels and convention facilities globally who have successfully completed this rigorous safety protocol certification process,” said Adam Zilber, General Manager.
Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, Andaz Costa Rica has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in all areas of the resort. As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation, GBAC STARTM helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that Andaz Costa Rica implements best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics. The GBAC STAR accreditation was a critical milestone to achieve in preparation for the resort ́s reopening on November 14, 2020.
To achieve GBAC STARTM accreditation, Andaz Costa Rica was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures.
Learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
With the intent of further fostering an eco-conscious destination, Andaz Costa Rica announced the resort-wide elimination of plastic water bottles. The program will reduce plastic waste by 120,000 plastic bottles per year, equaling more than two tons of plastic. Since beginning the sustainable transformation, Andaz Costa Rica Resort has already successfully completed numerous eco-friendly initiatives prioritizing water and energy conservation.
As an integral part of the social responsibility program, the resort has eliminated all plastic water bottles in each guestroom and banqueting operation and replaced them with reusable glass bottles. The resort has created a dedicated water-purifying room with state-of-the-art Aquatech equipment where water is passed through three different filters creating 100 percent purified water. Each guestroom will be stocked with four sealed glass water bottles and replenished each day. Additional water bottles can be provided upon request.
Also, guests will find Hydration Stations throughout the resort to refill their reusable bottles or the hotel´s glass bottles.
Among the sustainable improvements and enhancements that have been completed over the past two years include the elimination of all plastic straws, updating all AC units with inverter technology which saves energy and power up to 50 percent more than a normal AC, and a resort-wide tree-planting program which invites guests and staff to volunteer together and further enrich the peninsula.
Andaz earned the top spot in Guanacaste, Costa Rica and ranked #6 in Central America with a score of 96.36. We thank our guests for recognizing our resort team for the memorable experiences they deliver every day.