News + Events
Creativity, care and innovation help reimagine the hotel’s experience for guests and colleagues
Long Beach (5.4.2021) – Hyatt Regency Long Beach today announces its path forward to welcome back guests and customers, helping them once again experience the joy of travel. With a focus on safety first and wellbeing always, Hyatt Regency Long Beach will resume operations on May 7, 2021 and is reimagining the hotel journey with new amenities and offerings.
As an extension of Hyatt’s recently announced Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment, Hyatt collaborated with medical experts from Cleveland Clinic and other trusted industry advisors to fine-tune reopening and operating procedures such as colleague reorientations, enhanced cleaning and safety protocols, and a Hygiene and Wellbeing Leader at every property.
“With safety and wellbeing in mind, we are listening to our guests and colleagues and working to implement new experiences that will help reimagine the Hyatt Regency Long Beach’s journey,” said Sid Ramani, general manager. “The most important element of welcoming back guests is doing it safely, and we are going beyond cleaning to advance care across our entire hotel experience for guests, World of Hyatt loyalty members and colleagues.”
Beyond Safe and Clean, New Guest Experiences
With creativity and care, the Hyatt Regency Long Beach is giving guests and members greater control of their hotel journey and focusing on a more holistic sense of wellbeing from pre-arrival to checkout and beyond. The hotel is reimagining places and spaces to make social distancing not feel that way, striking the right balance of connection and space.
- Feeding the Senses: Exceptional food and beverage experiences have always been fundamental to Hyatt and a crucial part of the excitement of travel. Now, Hyatt hotels are bringing together all the senses to deliver reimagined dining offerings in beautiful, unique spaces like the Hyatt Regency Long Beach’s newly renovated Market|Bar opening on May 7, 2021. The Market|Bar is locally sourced healthy California cuisine, which features organic and sustainably sourced Red Bay Coffee. Whether on the go or if you want to spend time with family and friends, the Market|Bar has something for everyone.
As part of Hyatt’s new extended cancellation policy, most reservations booked at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach May 7, 2021 and beyond via Hyatt channels – for any future arrival date through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival on hyatt.com or via the World of Hyatt app. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations. See here for terms and some exceptions.
Caring for Colleagues
At the Hyatt Regency Long Beach, the wellbeing of colleagues is core to advancing care for guests and customers. In response to COVID-19, Hyatt has also reimagined the colleague journey at all Hyatt hotels, including the Hyatt Regency Long Beach to include new work procedures, colleague resources, and reorientations, in an effort to ensure colleagues’ safety and wellbeing. Daily colleague surveys have been introduced to measure colleague comfort and wellbeing, enabling hotel leaders to address opportunities, make adjustments as necessary and meet colleagues’ needs in real time.
As part of Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, the Hyatt Regency Long Beach will have a team on property trained as Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader who is responsible for the hotel adhering to Hyatt’s new operational guidance and protocols. This Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader will help maintain the hotel’s mandatory GBAC STARTM accreditation, including a cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention program that will focus on establishing hotel environments that are sanitary, safe and healthy.
The new hotel colleague journey at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach also includes:
- Wellbeing check reminders sent to colleagues prior to arriving at work
- Daily temperature checks of all global colleagues upon arrival to the hotel
- Masks required by all colleagues and additional personal protective equipment measures may be required based on job duties
- Social distance guidance and additional hand sanitizer stations in colleague areas
For more information about the Hyatt Regency Long Beach, please visit longbeach.regency.hyatt.com. For more information on Hyatt’s enhanced cleanliness protocols and reimagined experiences, please visit hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer Hyatt Hotels Corporation