A key part of Hyatt’s diversity & inclusion efforts has been the establishment of affinity groups or Diversity Business Resource Groups (DRBG). These DRBGs can be formal or informal gatherings of colleagues who share a common cultural heritage, race, gender, age or interest. Goals can include basic business networking, mentoring each other and others in their communities and developing professionally.
Components of a Successful DBRG Group
- Talent Acquisition, Engagement, Retention & Recruitment - The DBRGs partner with Hyatt’s talent acquisition team through recruitment/ referral opportunities.
- Executive Business Sponsor - Sponsorship and support offered to Hyatt Diversity Business Resource Group; Attends events and activities hosted by that DBRG
- Corporate Responsibility - Making connections to lines of business, supporting the efforts and vision of corporate responsibility related activities.
- Mentoring - Alignment with key external growth program matching emerging leaders with senior executives at different companies.
- External Partners - Leveraging the work of the organization; attending conference, nominates for awards, and contributes to research.
- Financial Literacy - Financial literacy empowerment for all.
- Health & Well-being - Physical and financial wellness opportunities & partnerships sponsored by DBRG members for all colleagues
- Brand Products and Services - Allow the DBRG to help provide connections to possible brand recognition & associated products and services.
- Onboarding - Encouraging new associates to engage in DBRG opportunities, feel a sense of belonging, and participate in events and activities.